A Dozen Questions for Book Club Members
A few people have voiced interest in introducing Lifeliner to their Book Clubs. So here are some questions you can use. Thanks to About.com for their inspiration for these questions.
- For the person who introduced Lifeliner to the club: why did you choose it?
- Did you enjoy Lifeliner? Why or why not? (Why do you think reactions from various members differed so much or not?)
- What did you think the main theme was about? Can you name any sub-themes?
- Did Lifeliner fulfull your expectations? What kind of book did you expect to read when you first picked it up?
- Why do you think the author chose to write it in first person? Did it work? Why or why not?
- How did Lifeliner compare to other biographies you’ve read? Was the dialogue realistic? Was the action plausible?
- Did the plot grab you and hold you? How? Or did you have to force yourself to finish reading the book?
- How did the author do in painting the portraits of the various people involved? Did you want to meet them, hit them in frustration, praise them?
- Would you have made the same decision as Judy and/or Jeej? Why or why not? What does this say about what we think we’re capable of versus what we actually are capable of in a crisis?
- What images arose in your mind as you read Lifeliner? Were they symbolically significant? Did they help to move the plot or bring any of the characters to life?
- Did the book end the way you expected? Did you think Chapter 30 was truth or fiction? Why or why not?
- Would you recommend Lifeliner to your friends or family or neighbours?